It's great to play Minecraft alone, but it's so much more fun to play Minecraft with your friends. Fear not if you don't know how to play Minecraft with your friends. This article will help you make it easy.
There are many options for Minecraft Multiplayer. Some require an internet connection while others can be played offline.
No matter what you're into, we'll show you how to play Minecraft with your friends!
We have included instructions for Minecraft Java Edition (JE), and Minecraft Bedrock Editions (BE).
We've already covered How to Join a Minecraft server in detail, but here's a quick overview:
1. Copy the IP address of the server you wish to join. This will look something like "makeuseof.example.com"2. Navigate to Multiplayer in your Minecraft client. Click on Add Server or Direct Connection.
3. Paste your IP address in the box marked Server Address.
4. Click Done if you selected Add Server in step 3. Give the server a name, then double-click on the server or select it to choose Join Server. If you chose Direct Connection, click Join Server.
Have fun playing Minecraft with your friends!
1. Start Minecraft BE. Click Play to navigate to the Servers tab.
2. You can choose from a list of Featured servers that have a high player count, feature game modes such as Skywars, Build battle, and many more.
3. Click Add Server to add another server.
4. Enter the name, IP address, port, and password of the server. To save this server, click Save.
You are now all set! Enjoy Minecraft multiplayer in Bedrock Edition.
You can find out how to find an IP address on a public server by reading How to Join a Minecraft Server.
Related: Bring back the magic with Minecraft Modpacks
Realms are Minecraft's personal server. This is the easiest way for you to create a private space to build and craft with your friends.
Once you have a subscription, open Minecraft and click Minecraft Realms. Click on click to create your first Realm. You can then name your Realm, and provide a brief description. Next, you can choose your world type.
You can choose between creating a new world or uploading a previously saved world. Or, explore Realms' world templates, Adventures and Experiences.
Once you have created your Realm click on Configure Realm (the wrench icon), and then click on Players. To whitelist a friend, click Invite player and enter their username before clicking Invite again. Your friend will be invited to join your Realm.
Bedrock Edition - Minecraft BE is slightly different.
1. Start Minecraft BE and click on Play. Go to Worlds and select Create New.
2. You can create a new world again.
3. From the left pane, select Create on Realms. You can choose between a 2 or 10 player Realm.
4. To create a 2 Player Realm, name your Realm, agree to the terms, and then select Create Realm.
5. To purchase a 10 player realm, select Buy Now from the navigation menu. Name your Realm and agree to the terms. Click Start Free Trial.
A small envelope icon is located at the top of your screen, just below where it says Minecraft Realms. This envelope contains any invites that you haven't received yet; click it to join your friend's Realm.
Bedrock Edition - Ask for the invite code from creator of the Realm. This should look like "realms.gg/abcxyz"-we only need the characters after "realms.gg/".
Start Minecraft and click Play. Go to Friends and click Join Realm. Enter the invite code that you received from the Realm owners and click on Join. You are now all set!
You can play Bedrock Edition on your iPhone, Android, or PC while your friend is playing on their Xbox, PC or VR headset or Switch. To connect with other players, Realms is the best option.
If another player has a LAN server available to join, it will show up in your list. Double-tap the server to highlight it and click Join Server.
You might be interested in mods to spice things up. Forge is the best way for you to manage your mods, and ensure your game doesn't crash upon startup.